- Sexual activity that is not between a husband and wife.
- Intense desire for wealth, things, or somebody else's things.
- A drive to pursue physical pleasure, especially sexual pleasure
- Having any master that is not God
- Seeking power or assistance from spirits
- Harboring and/or entertaining hatred or ill will
- Contention for superiority, especially violent
- Hostility toward rivals, or hostility towards anyone believed to enjoy an advantage
- Tendency to suspect there is rivalry or unfaithfulness
- Outbursts of anger
- Entertaining competitive and especially selfish advantage
- contentious or irritable quarreling
- dividing ourselves into self-seeking groups
We have a promise that as we FIGHT to murder these tendencies not only from our outward behaviors but tearing out the roots from our inward thoughts and desires, the reward will be so overwhelmingly great and eternal that whatever blood we lost in the fight will be nothing in comparison. (Romans 8:18)
Therefore, whenever we sense them arising in our sin nature. Either through our own personal reflection, or revelation by the Holy Spirit and whatever means He chooses to reveal it to us: Admonition from a fellow Christian, reading the word, prayer, a still small voice, a dream, just to name a few possible channels. They deserves our full effort to murder them, that they never rise again. As many times as it takes. For the rest of our lives.